Live webinar: Dynamic strategy
As part of our online learning week 'Making sense of a crisis: Learning from the COVID-19 pandemic' we're holding a live webinar on Dynamic Strategy.
‘More often than not, what works in normal times won’t work in a crisis. We need to think and act differently’ - Managing complexity (and chaos) in times of crisis – A field guide for decision makers’ 2021
Over the past year, we’ve all seen an incredible amount of change and uncertainty. Leaders from across all parts of public services have had to make fast and difficult decisions in a rapidly changing situation.
With the recent launch of ‘Managing complexity (and chaos) in times of crisis - A field guide for decision makers’, [opens in new window] we’ll be joined by Professor Dave Snowden, Creator of the Cynefin Framework, who will discuss the four-stage approach proposed in the handbook through which we can;
- assess the type of crisis and initiate a response; -
- adapt to the new pace and start building sensing networks to inform decisions; -
- repurpose existing structures and working methods to generate radical innovation; -
- transcend the crisis, formalise lessons learnt and increase resilience.
Professor Snowden will be joined by leaders from across the public sector in Wales to share their experiences over the past year, and what this all means in practice.
Our panel includes:
- Ian Bancroft, Chief Executive, Wrexham County Borough Council
- Anne-Louise Clarke, Executive Director of Communications and Change, Audit Wales
- Todd Howlett, Executive Medical Director, Nova Scotia Health
- Auriol Miller, Chief Executive, Institute of Welsh Affairs
How do I register my interest?
Please complete your details on the booking form to the right of this page. We have a delegate privacy notice [opens in new window], telling you how we deal with your personal data as part of the registration process.
To contact the Good Practice Exchange team, please email email@example.com.
Joining instructions are circulated 1-2 weeks before the event. Please ensure you provide your email address when booking a place to ensure that we can send information to you.